Please read the instructions below prior to any permanent make up procedure, whether it might be make-up application, corrective camouflage or paramedical reconstructive tissue repair.
All permanent make up procedures are multi-appointment procedures. You are required to come back for follow up treatment within 4 – 12 weeks before it can be determined that your procedure is complete and to be able to ensure you perfection and longevity of treatment. Permanent make-up is not a science, it’s an art and an adjustment of colour or shape that might be required.
When your procedure is completed the color will be intense and very dark. It will take 3 – 5 days for this colour to settle and heal in the skin allowing a soft natural colour to emerge.
Lip application will be extremely dark and then flake or scab to almost invisible. Allow at least 21 to 28 days to determine the amount of colour retained. Due to the nature of the mucous membrane the colour will always have a subtle end result. Very deep, dark colours are almost impossible to achieve.
- The treated area will become red and inflamed, so it is advised not to make any social engagements for a few day thereafter.
- On the day of the procedure please wear make-up and bring your eyebrow an lip pencil for colour – matching.
- Any form of hair removal, bleaching or tinting should be done 24 hours prior to treatment or at least 2 weeks after the procedure.
- Please do not wear your contact lenses during or directly after the procedure until swelling has completely subsided. Remember to bring your glasses.
- If you have a history of cold sores or fever blisters, it is recommended to visit your GP prior to any lip procedures to prescribe oral medication. Failure to do so will result in a herpes simplex break out and can destroy or interfere with your permanent make up end result.
- Before and after photos will be taken for our records only and will not be published without a clients written consent.
- Sensitivity of the application is greatly increased if a client is pre-menstrual.
- Please refrain from the use of alcohol or blood thinning medication e.g. Arnica, Aspirin, Pain medication, Antinflammatory, diuretics or recreational drugs 24 hours before the procedure. If you have taken any of the afore mentioned medication, please let us know before the procedures, it does not necessarily mean that we can not go ahead. We do use a topical anesthetic which substantially reduces discomfort.
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: No prescribed medication should be discontinued without permission of your doctor. If unsure please feel free to contact Lasting Impressions before appointment date.
- Due to the strict hygiene and sterilization regulations we discourage clients to bring along a friend to sit in on a procedure. If you really feel it is necessary, it must be prearranged with Lasting Impressions so that they are aware of wearing the prescribed protective gear. Alternatively they are welcome to wait at reception or in the waiting room.
- Generally procedure is no longer than an hour, unless more then one procedure is done it could take 1½ hours to 2 hours.
- We do accept cash, credit cards or debit cards, or eft on completion of each procedure. Regretfully no cheques accepted.
- We kindly request that you be considerate in instance when you are running late or cannot make your appointment for whatever reasons, please let us know as soon as possible. We do ask that appointments are cancelled 24 hours in advance as we have a cancellation list, for clients that would really like an appointment.
For any further enquiries, please feel free to contact us. An informed client is a happy client!